Photo, poster, pamphlet, stamp and news collections are easily preserved and shelved in the academy folder
As a collaborative effort with the New York
Academy of Medicine, the Academy Folder was designed to display
a portrait collection while protecting the pictures from damage.
Constructed of 40 point sandstone archival board with a brown
poly-cotton C grade cloth and a clear, chemically stable 3
mil archival polyester film interior L-weld envelope, the
enclosure prevents unnecessary handling while allowing for
easy viewing. The polyester film envelope is welded on the
bottom and fore edge, and open at the top and spine for easy
placement of photos, prints, small maps, postage stamps and
certificates. This structure gives protection and easy viewing
of both sides of your document. Contact us for prices on special sizes.
- Outer folder is constructed from .040 sandstone archival
- Inner Dupont Melinex® L-weld sleeve is heavy 3 mil acid-neutral
- 3 mil polyester film attached to folder at spine only
allows viewing of both sides of document.
- 8.5 pH sandstone archival board contains a 3% calcium
carbonate reserve, is acid free and has non-detectable lignin.
- All adhesives are acid-neutral polyvinyl acetate.
- Spine is brown acrylic coated poly-cotton C grade
- Corners are rounded to 1/4 inch radius to prevent
- Hinge measures 1/16 inch with folder closed.