This unique enclosure was proposed by and developed in collaboration with the University of Iowa for their
large pulp fiction collection in 2015. The Exposed Spine Four Flap safeguards pulp fiction books, rare books
and similar special collections, yet gives visibility of the book’s spine through the polyester window when
This Exposed Spine Four Flap is constructed of .020 sandstone archival board and 3-mil polyester. Your book is
placed inside. The polyester wraps around the spine, fore edge and front cover. Then, the archival board wraps
around the tail, head and front of the book for vital protection.
- Constructed of .020 sandstone archival board and stable, inert 3-mil polyester.
- 8.5 pH sandstone archival board contains a 3% calcium carbonate reserve, is acid-free and has non-
- Front board panel corners are 1/4" round cornered. All other corners are square.
- Polyester meets standards for plastic enclosures in ISO 18902.
- Acid-free acrylic adhesive will not dry up, crack or yellow.
- Passes P.A.T test